I want to take a moment to share how Operation Troop Appreciation is responding to COVID-19 and how we are trying to help. Below is our current service list, which is subject to change, as our funding and resources will be greatly impacted in the coming weeks.
As a 100% volunteer charity, we do not qualify for Federal PPP funding, and many of our requests for emergency COVID-19 relief grants have been denied. We are in great need of monetary and in-kind donations to continue our good work. Over 1/2 of our annual funding comes from generous donors like you!
During the COVID-19 crisis OTA is providing the following focused Services – until the crisis has passed:
- Non-perishable food boxes to first responders, military and veterans in critical need
- Care boxes with mixed hygiene, treats and miscellaneous items
- Disinfecting cleaning supplies to first responders, military and veterans in our community
- Transportation to doctor appointments and other critical needs
- Veteran Welcome Home Kits – while supplies last and/or can be obtained
- Active-Duty Wish-List Requests – while supplies last and/or can be obtained
At present we are unable to continue our bed service, as our provider is considered a “non-essential” business and is closed until the Governor order is lifted. We are maintaining a backlog of bed orders and all will be submitted immediately when our vendor opens for business.
We appreciate your support! If you are able, please click on the Donate Now button and give what you can, no amount is too small, and every penney makes a difference in the lives of the troops and veterans we serve.
Monica Orluk, CEO/Executive Director